Love.My Posts

Advises (3) Animals (10) Art (5) Awesomeness (3) Beauty (2) Books (8) Day Stories (1) Family (4) Festive (1) Food (4) Friends (6) Fun Stuff (18) Funny (1) Girls Stuff (11) Hate (2) iphone (1) Language (2) Life (3) Love (3) Movies (9) Music (3) My Life (40) Poems (2) Rants (3) Sad Stuff (2) School Stuffs (5) Syazzy's List (3) Tech Thing (7) Travel (8) TV (2) U.E (1) Vacation (3) World Stuffs (1)

Me Me Me

My photo
Kedah, Malaysia
I'm usually nice. =D I don't eat people unless they try to eat me first. So if you talk to me that would be great. =)

Blog Archive

Friday, April 23, 2010

The Evolution of Syaz's Handwriting

According to a book I'm reading right now, it says "To encounter handwriting is to encounter a unique human personality, for handwriting is a visible witness to its creator's character and individuality." (Gullan-Whur,1984)

Unlike most people in my profession, I have a terrible handwriting. It also changes according to my mood, feelings of the day, the pen I'm using and the speed/rush. As I was cleaning my room a few weeks before, I encountered my old dusty book which I used to write stories when I was 14 years old. It was fascinating to read the contents as stories were silly teenage celebrity fantasies fictions. Haha! But what was more fascinating that I could see different handwritings on each page. The book contained at least 10 different handwritings but I'll just show around 7 since some were too ugly or the story was too embarrassing to show to others. Haha. Pardon me for my silly stories. Just focus on the handwriting instead =P. This is my analysis of my various handwriting refering to Handwriting Secrets Revealed (Callery,1989) which my dad bought a decade ago . Lol!

Syaz's Fourteen Years Old Handwritings

1#
  • A varied slant. Mostly upright but with some slants to the left.
  • No starting strokes.
  • Angular connecting strokes.
  • Regular spacing.
  • Medium pressure.
  • Regular speed.
  • Key letter d: short stem
  • Key letter i: low dot
  • Key letter I :Bars top and bottom
  • Key letter t: Middling bar

2#
  • A varied slant.
  • No starting strokes.
  • Angular writing.
  • Regular spacing.
  • Medium pressure.
  • Fast speed.
  • Key letter d: short stem
  • Key letter i: varying dots
  • Key letter t: mostly middling bar

3#
  • A varied slant.
  • No starting strokes.
  • Arcade writing.
  • Regular spacing.
  • Medium pressure.
  • Regular speed.
  • Key letter d: short stem
  • Key letter i: varying dots
  • Key letter g: narrow, wide curve
  • Key letter I :Bars top and bottom
  • Key letter t: mostly middling bar

4#
  • Left slant writing.
  • No starting strokes.
  • Angular writing.
  • Regular spacing.
  • Medium pressure.
  • Fast speed.
  • Key letter d: short stem
  • Key letter i: varying dots
  • Key letter I :Bars top and bottom
  • Key letter t: mostly middling bar
5#
  • Upright slant.
  • No starting strokes.
  • Angular writing.
  • Regular spacing.
  • Medium pressure.
  • Regular speed.
  • Key letter i: varying dots
  • Key letter g: narrow, wide curve
  • Key letter I :Bars top and bottom
  • Key letter t: mostly middling bar

6#
  • Left slant writing.
  • No starting strokes.
  • Angular writing.
  • Regular spacing.
  • Medium pressure.
  • Regular speed.
  • Key letter d: short stem
  • Key letter i: varying dots
  • Key letter g: narrow, wide curve
  • Key letter I :Bars top and bottom
  • Key letter t: mostly middling bar

Now, lets see what the features means:
  • Upright slant writing. Shows independence, self-reliance, and a high degree of control. Suggests a balanced personality who is able to deal with a wide variety of situations and people.
  • Left slant writing. Introverted, self-concious. May desire protection, can be unwilling to compromise but can be creative. Can be strong individuals but rather distant and self reliant.
  • No starting strokes. Enjoys 'hands on' experience and getting on the job as quickl as possible. May also have an abrupt manner.
  • Angular writing. Aggressive, reluctant to compromise, and very determined.
  • Arcade writing. Reserved, formal, guarded. Weak arcades are sign of deception , of a ruthless schemer.
  • Regular spacing. Suggests good manners and social abiliy, also indicates soud business sense.
  • Medium pressure. Adaptability, balance, friendliness. Fairly relaxed and has a good self knowledge.
  • Regular speed. Controlled, organised and calm.
  • Fast speed. Confident, spontaneous, and eager to take initiative.
  • Key letter d: short stem. Humble, clever, lacking in imagination.
  • Key letter i: varying dots. Mood variation, need for constant change.
  • Key letter g: narrow, wide curve. Unfulfilled and perhaps very close to mother.
  • Key letter I :Bars top and bottom. Confident, clear thinking, well balanced.
  • Key letter t: mostly middling bar. Careful, conscientious, conservative.
  • Medium Sized. Fairly conventional and has a healthy balance between heart and head.
  • Large Sized. Suggests ambition, generosity, tendency towards exaggeration and a need for self expression.
  • Consistency between the three zones( upper middle and lower zones) which suggest that at ease with true self.


Just as astrologies aren't 100% true so is graphology. There are many hidden/visible factors contributing and unless you count in all factors you will never get the real meaning behind a handwriting. I did this merely for fun although there are some explanations were true in a way. I guess only those who knows me and understand how Syaz really works can figure out which are true. My current handwriting is different from this which means my handwriting changes as I grow. I still have various handwritings and they are never neat unless I am forcing myself to be rigid. It is especially horrible when I am trying to write real fast that sometimes I had trouble reading them as well. =P My handwriting are the nicest when I write largely on a whiteboard using a marker. I have no idea why. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment